Melsonby Methodist Primary School has served the local community for over one hundred and forty years. It was originally built as a gallery primary school in 1864 and was extended when a wing was added by the Martin Family at the beginning of the 19th century.
The school has gone from strength to strength, attracting and retaining excellent teaching and support staff. Pupil numbers have increased by over 30% in the past few years.
The Governing Body and staff continue to work tirelessly not only to maintain the current good standards, but continue to improve the school for current and future pupils.
Pupils flourish in this small village school. At the heart of the school are the strong Christian values of loving and respecting others. They manifest themselves in caring pupils, who are respectful, polite and well mannered. Pupils told us that, ‘Because it’s not a big school, we are all friends with each other, and we all know each other and feel safe.’ OFSTED report November 2019
The continued success of the school relies not only on the staff, governors and current parents, but future parents. With your support, we can ensure that Melsonby Methodist Primary School continues to provide our local children with the very best education, and remains at the heart of the community for another hundred and forty years!